الاقصى
Be My Bro: What happened to me?

What happened to me?



Bism Allah al-Rahman al-Raheem


Between Three to Five years ago I remember being more understanding more wise more patient more religious and more passionate. Right now I feel evil and very hateful strict and very impatient. Did I change? did I take a step backwards? or are my standards not enough anymore?

Today while driving some south Asian guy (Indian) who is obviously new to driving (because he was using his signals a lot) almost killed himself and me when he decided to just switch lanes. I breaked so hard with one foot and stepped on the car horns with the other foot! (not really but I did honk the horn forever) I was driving the cheap SUV and it felt like the car was almost about to turn over....ok ok im exaggerating, but it was really close.

Now what do you think I did? Drive aside him and wave my hand in anger asking "ARE YOU STUPID!?" and spit at him? Actually no, I just acted like nothing happened and passed by him. People need to give each other a break. So how am I evil you might ask. Well I don't know. The post actualy ends here. Why did I write this? oh well i don't want to delete it haha.

  1. Comment by Anonymous on March 2, 2009 at 2:29 PM  

    You look a little bit like the father of my son, at the moment he is a Mercedes test-driver:
    ///your intellect, how you communicate, your fully understanding for others I am speechless - you are so charming and humoros !
    E..angel e.s.

  2. Comment by Riyad on March 11, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

    True, we all need to put the effort into letting mistakes go by, avoiding unnecessary arguments and confrontations.

    Thats a real man. A good Muslim. One who can restrain himself from the mistakes of others for the sake of good.

  3. Comment by Quick It Girl. on March 30, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

    Your not evil. :)

  4. Comment by sadia on April 4, 2009 at 9:03 AM  

    mashallah 3layk! you behaved well! it's good to let ppl go for making mistakes, no matter how big. inshallah you will be rewarded for your generosity.

    it's sad how we behave the worst with the ppl we love the most. ppl we take for granted. who will love us no matter what. they are the ones who deserve our best treatment. especially parents!

  5. Comment by Anonymous on May 12, 2009 at 11:32 PM  

    hahaha, good laugh

  6. Comment by sumayahrose on September 3, 2009 at 4:32 AM  

    Hahahah, I think you had a bout of evil. Shayton said rage.road rage and then he decided to let the other guy have a break. perhaps to toy with him ( the other driver).

    no really I think we all come to the point of a relaxed time in there life and become consumed or feed up with the crude routine and the reality of life........I cant wait for mine to be over at times. But yea patience usually kicks in and I ask ALLAH to forgive me. And then I feel better.

    I think there is a cycle. We are human and I certainly could never be as good as Mohammed (SSAWS) you know.