الاقصى
Be My Bro: Stinky Fingers

Stinky Fingers



Other than being addicted to smoking, Why do you smoke?
"feels good" and "relaxes me" doesn't count because its part of the addiction.

If you’re a Muslim you have tons of reasons not to smoke, mainly the issue of it being haram. So ok there are many fatwas out there and you chose to go with those few fatwas that say its makrooh but I doubt that you chose it because it made sense to you.

Now aside of the fact that your harming yourself and the fact that your harming others and the fact that your burning your money (which is better off spent on charity) and the fact that you are enslaved by a piece of paper and the fact that your polluting the environment. Aside of all that, YOU STINK!

Bro, you're disgusting. If you didn't know that before then I'm telling you right now, you repulse me and others. I have no desire to shake hands with you in fear of getting that stench attached to me. I do not want to give you a ride because I just washed my car and it smells good and I do not want you touching my stuff, specially my mobile. No one tells you this because they are polite and do not want to hurt your feelings but be sure that thats what they are thinking.

Can you pray Jama'a in the Masjid after smoking? I don't know, but consider that the messenger of Allah (sala Allahu alihe wa salam) taught us to not pray with the Jama'a if we ate garlic, onions or drank alcohol. Do you really want to be an unwanted cell in society? Does it not bother you that others find you repulsive? That alone is a good reason to quit smoking. I find it quite ironic that many guys boast about Jihad and striving in the cause of Allah if given the chance yet they cant strive to quit smoking.

I know its hard, I've been there. I used to smoke sheesha (arjila, hubbly bubbly, hooka) daily for three years but al hamdu lillah I'm now off it sense three years. I tried to quit three times as well (I guess three is my smoking number). The main problem I faced which always have been a temptation and the reason for me to return to smoking was friends. My friends smoke and they made me smoke. When ever we meet we smoke and when I tried to quit I still hanged out with them. So eventually I would order one last smoke for good times, again.

We don't hang out anymore because I refuse to go to smoking cafe's and there isn't really anywhere else of interest. We are still friends though, Kinda. I met new friends but again stopped hanging out with them for the very same reason. Al hamdu lillah life goes around and changes. I have new friend which do not smoke. Subhan Allah they are my best friends. One of them even became my brother in law. Staying away from the temptation and putting barriers between you is very important. You will be influenced to a degree whether you like it or not.


Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said,

“The example of a good companion and a bad one is the bearer of musk and the worker on the bellows. A bearer of musk would give you some, you might buy some from him, or you might enjoy the fragrance of his musk. The worker on the bellows, on the other hand, might spoil your clothes with sparks from his bellows, or you get a bad smell from him.” (Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim, this version being Muslim’s)

Starting or quitting smoking is a big decision. Starting it is very easy though and quitting isn't as easy. Big decisions might need big sacrifices. Its your life your body and your money and you definitely will be asked about them all. Do not be a stinker.

  1. Comment by komalqazi on July 11, 2008 at 7:51 PM  

    wow...

    i didn't know hookah wasn't allowed.

    my big brother owns a hookah lounge for crying out loud.

    oh my.
    i shall have a talk with him.